- This event has passed.
National Day Parade 2023 Open Call & Registration! (for Young Adults)
Dear Young Adults (YAs),
It’s with great pleasure for us this year to invite YAs to participate in the National Day Parade 2023 (NDP 2023) which will be held at Padang.
Here are the roles available:
1) Contingent Commander or Contingent Commander (Reserve) – Selection will be done by appointed SAF Trainers.
YAs who wish be part of the parade as Contingent Commander or Contingent Commander (Reserve) for GG Marching Contingent MUST attend ALL trainings.
Please note the following selection criteria:
- Singaporean or Singapore PRs only
- Minimum height of 1.52m
- Have basic knowledge of foot drill
- Be in good physical, mental and emotional health and/or not suffering from the following illnesses
- asthma, vertigo, angina, gastritis, allergies (e.g. heat, perspiration, sun etc.), not able to stand in the sun for more than 20 minutes, fits/seizures, bones/muscular disorders, etc
- YA who are severely overweight (>130%) or severely underweight (<70%) should seek medical approval before participating.
- YA MUST be able to attend ALL rehearsals once selected to participate in the contingent.
- YA who need to be away from Singapore during her school vacation period or who is unable to commit to the weekly trainings are advised not to participate.
- CC(s) who is absent too often will be replaced.
2) Contingent Helper – 3 YAs will be required at each training/rehearsal from 20 May onwards.
YAs who volunteer for this service must:
- a) Be in good health and able to stand for long hours under the hot sun.
- b) Attend the briefing on 15 April 2023, 10am.
Here are the roles and responsibilities:
- a)Conduct uniform and hair check of the Guides
- b)Assist in keeping/distributing Guides’ belongings in HQ lockers
- c)Accompany the Guides by chartered bus to/fro the holding area and HQ
- d)Keep track of time and avoid delays for trainings/activities/visits/meals
- e)Help to distribute meals/snacks/drinks/sweets
- f)Take care of the well-being of the Guides
- g)Look out for Star Award recipient of the day
- h)Take photographs for uploading on GGS’ Social Media Accounts
- i)Accompany Guides to/ fro Holding Area / FUP during movement period
- j)Accompany Guides on reserve at Holding Area / FUP during training hours
- k)Accompany Guides to MRT Circle Line / Red Line / Bus Interchange after dismissal from HQ.
YAs will be awarded HQ Service Points upon completion of the National Day Parade after 9 August 2023.
Please complete and submit the necessary in the Google Form link here. Your NDP 2023 – Health & Consent form for YAs (see attached) must be completed and uploaded in the Google Form as well.
Deadline for submission is on 1 April 2023, Saturday. A confirmation email will sent out on 8 April 2023.
Ms Ong Zeng Zi
Guide Branch Commissioner