- This event has passed.
National Day Parade 2023 Open Call
Dear Guide Guiders,
It’s with great pleasure for us this year to invite the Guides to participate in the National Day Parade 2023 (NDP 2023) under the Parade & Ceremony (P&C) segment. NDP 2023 is a special year as we are back to a full parade!!
There are two parts to this email.
- Recruitment of Guides
GGS is recruiting a total of 45 Guides to take part in NDP 2023. The training sessions for NDP will take place on all Saturdays from 20 May to 9 August 2023. The reporting and dismissal venue is GGS HQ (9 Bishan St 14 Singapore 579785).
Guides are expected to put in full commitment to all rehearsals and training dates and be in full Guide uniform with marching boots for all sessions. Full training and rehearsal dates can be found in the Health Consent Form to parents.
- Selection Criteria
Please note the following selection criteria:
- Singaporean or Singapore PRs only
- Minimum height of 1.52m
- Have basic knowledge of footdrills
- Preferably Guides who are in Secondary 2 & 3.
- Not suffering from the following illnesses – asthma, vertigo, angina, gastritis, allergic to heat and perspiration (rashes), not able to stand in the sun for more than 20 minutes, weak ankles, etc.
- Participants who are severely overweight (>130%) or severely underweight (<70%) should seek medical approval before participating.
- Participants MUST be able to attend ALL training once selected to participate in the contingent.
- Submission of Video for Selection Requirement
All interested participants would be required to submit a video of their foot drills competencies in the Google Form below (please see attachment; NDP 2023 Guides Selection Video Requirements).
- Submission of Health Forms and Video for Selection on Google Form.
All interested participants would be required to complete and submit the following:
- Google Form with basic details of interested participants
- Health & Parent Consent Form (can be retrieved from this email)
- Submission of Video of Footdrills For Selection
- Layout of the Participants in the Video
Everything can be submitted via this one Google Form: NDP 2023 Google Form (For Guides)
All submissions need to be uploaded onto Google Form by 8 April 2023.
- Guides who participate in NDP will have an added advantage to attain the Guide Footdrill Proficiency Badge.
- PNAA points are available for all Guides who participate in the NDP.
- Guiders to ensure that all the relevant consent from parents / guardians and school leaders must be collected before submission.
- Shortlisted participants will be informed by 18 April 2023, Tuesday.
- There will be a compulsory briefing for shortlisted participants on 29 April 2023, Sat at 10am.
- Call out for Guiders and YAs!
We would like to invite all Guiders (regardless of whether you have girls participating) and YAs to come forward as Contingent Helpers/Point of Contact of the GGS’ contingent.
The role of the Guiders and YAs are:
- accompany the Guides on their training & rehearsals on Saturdays.
- check the uniform and mark attendance of the Guides
- take care of the well-being of the Guides
- ensure that the day’s schedule (training, resting, meals, rehearsal) planned by the Organiser is adhered to.
- Guiders and YAs who volunteer for this service must be in good health
- They would be required to accompany the contingent throughout the day
- Guiders of Guides who are already participating in NDP will, be default, need to be involved as Contingent Helpers.
- Depending on the number of Guiders and YAs who volunteer, a roster may be put up.
- PNAA Points:
- Each Unit’s Guider(s) will need to take at least 3 sessions to qualify for the relevant PNAA Points
- Guiders from the same Coy may split the 3 sessions amongst themselves.
Please submit your registration details and health form here. The deadline for submission is on 1 April 2023, Saturday.
There will be a briefing for Guiders and volunteers on 15 April 2023, Saturday at 10am.
Ms Ong Zeng Zi
Guide Branch Commissioner
Girl Guides Singapore