- This event has passed.
National Day Parade 2022 – Sign up today!
It’s with great pleasure for us this year to invite the Guides to participate in the National Day Parade 2022 (NDP 2022) under the Parade & Ceremony (P&C) segment. NDP 2022 is a special year as we transit back to a physical parade.
The P&C segment would require 20 to 22 guides from the same school and GGS would like to collect interest from interested schools. However, if there are not enough Guides, Guiders may still indicate the number of Guides who are interested through the Google form.
Guiders may submit Company’s interest via https://forms.gle/zpRFWpA5zprdBfsA7 by 18 February 2022 (Friday), 11.59pm.
There will be an internal selection pending on updates from the P&C organizing team and we will contact the interested schools for the selection process. The parade requirements are as follow if selected:
Number of Guides required: 20 – 22 (from ONE school if possible)
Attire for training & rehearsals: Full Guides uniform with marching boots, 4cm long white socks, and hair braided neatly into 2.
Training & rehearsal dates: All Saturdays from mid-May to 9th August 2022.
Reporting Venue: Guide House
Dismissing Venue: Guide House
Guides who are selected will be sponsored a new set of uniform (skirt, blouse, scarf, and hat) and marching boots. A penalty of $76.70 will be incurred should the Guide decide to withdraw participation or absent without valid reason. Only medical certificates are accepted as a valid reason.
Please note the following selection criteria:
- Singaporean or Singapore PRs only
- Minimum height of 1.55m
- Have basic knowledge of foot drill
- Preferably Guides who are in Secondary 2 & 3.
- Not suffering from the following illnesses – asthma, vertigo, angina, gastritis, allergic to heat and perspiration (rashes), not able to stand in the sun for more than 20 minutes, weak ankles, etc.
- Participants who are severely overweight (>130%) or severely underweight (<70%) should seek medical approval before participating.
- Participants MUST be able to attend ALL training once selected to participate in the contingent.
Participating schools will be able to claim PNAA points. Should there be any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact the following personnel:
Ms Tan Ying Jie
GGS NDP Point-of-Contact (POC)