- This event has passed.
(Cancelled) Free Being Me Workshop
09/05/2020 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Dear Guiders, Free Being Me workshop This activity-based programme focuses on empowering participants by improving their confidence and self-esteem to realise their fullest potential. Through fun and interactive activities, they will learn that body confidence and self-esteem come from valuing their bodies, standing up to social pressures and supporting others to be more body confident. The programmes will teach them to plan their own action projects to make a positive difference to the lives of other children and young people. This is an opportunity to develop and sharpen participants’ planning, organising, leadership and advocacy skills. They will also learn new ideas that will be useful for running fun and meaningful unit activities using the WAGGGS non-formal educational method. The following are the objectives for the workshop :
- Debunk society’s image myth (Self and Society Awareness)
- Create self-awareness in relations to one’s own strengths (Self-Management)
- Make responsible decisions about one’s choice (Responsible Decision-making)
- Encourage others (Relationship Management)
- Participants will have to conduct the FBM sessions in their units after the workshop.
- Participants will also have to plan and execute the FBM Take Action projects with their unit members in