- This event has passed.
Facilitation Workshop Virtual Round 1 (Guides)
18/02/2022 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Dear Guide Guiders,
GGS, with the support from MOE, will be conducting workshops on basic facilitation skills for student leaders in the coming months. The workshop is now opened for registration. Guiders can register for up to 5 Guides (leadership ranks or with potential leadership) per school.
The objectives of the course as stated by MOE are as follows:
- Identify key beliefs and demonstrate behaviours of a learning facilitator
- Use a variety of facilitation strategies to make learning engaging
- Conduct conversations and energizers in a structured and meaningful manner
- Adapt activities to achieve the outcomes of a Brownies/Guides session and meet the needs of the learners
- Design questions to conduct reflection and review of lessons learnt
Approach for the workshops:
- Role-Modelling – Trainer will role-model facilitation via explicit demonstrations of the strategies throughout the entire workshop. Debriefs will be conducted to unpack participants’ observations and distil learning points.
- Hands-On Small Group Exercises – Direct experience is key to the learning and participants will work in small groups to practise the methods in customized work-related scenarios/ real-world contexts.
- Affirming Feedback – Peer & trainer feedback is provided in a way that is meaningful, affirming and encouraging.
- Structured Reflections –Self-reflections are weaved throughout the workshop to enhance understanding of key concepts and techniques.
Date & Time (please choose the preferred date and sign up early via the links provided) :
18 Feb 2022 (Fri) 3:00pm – 6:00pm: https://forms.gle/vs2r7ktNnK3Ydftj9
4 Mar 2022 (Fri) 3:00pm – 6:00pm: https://forms.gle/8AroN3S6V3fd4C9B8
9 April 2022 (Sat) 9:00am – 12:00pm: https://forms.gle/KaGQRwVsr7HqhLf8A
- face-to-face (including 1-hr lunch)
9 July 2022 (Sat) 9:00am – 4:00 pm: https://forms.gle/TmCpnu2XfB1N2xeu9
5 Nov 2022 (Sat) 9:00am – 4:00 pm: https://forms.gle/2LBt773E3sQzJjQL9
Trainer : External Vendor
Fee : NIL <NO SHOW FEE OF $35 (face-to-face) / $30 (virtual) WILL BE CHARGEABLE for absentees as GGS will be charged by the external vendor on a per head basis>
Kindly direct all queries to email@example.com
Ms Ong Zeng Zi
Guide Branch Commissioner.