- This event has passed.
Online Handbook Training (Beginner)
27/06/2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Dear Guiders, Online Handbook – GuidingLIGHT Guiders were equipped on the use of GuidingLIGHT after they have attended the training sessions that were conducted since April. There will be three more sessions left and we strongly urge you to sign up for the upcoming trainings so that you can better use this platform during this period. These trainings are all done via Zoom Meeting. All Brownie and Guide Guiders should sign up for at least one of these sessions. Guiders who attend the session will also be awarded Skills Badge – Online Handbook e-certificate. For Guiders who have already attended our earlier Expert Training session in February, there is no need to sign up for these sessions.
- GuidingLIGHT Training Sessions for Guiders
- a) Beginner Training – for all Guiders who are unfamiliar or have difficulty with GuidingLIGHT (choose one date)
- 12 June (Friday) 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- 27 June (Saturday) 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- b) Intermediate Training – for all Guiders who are familiar with GuidingLIGHT
- 3 July 2020 (Friday) 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- i) You must have a username
- ii) You have to be able to login to GuidingLIGHT prior to the training
- iv) Do make sure that the microphone, audio and video on the laptop are working before joining the Zoom Meeting. The details for the meeting will be sent to the participants nearer the date of training.
- understand the overall concept of GuidingLIGHT
- perform administrative functions and generate reports to monitor the progress
- create new courses and upload new content materials to GuidingLIGHT
- understand the impact of GuidingLIGHT during Brownie/Guide sessions and how will it affect the way of learning
- administrative processes of getting new members on GuidingLIGHT
- Important information for Guiders regarding Implementation
- i) For Brownie and Girl Guide Branch – All girl members are expected to fully embark and use the GuidingLIGHT by Semester 2 2020.
- ii) For Girl Guide Branch only – Guide PNA (Year of Assessment 2021) will require the submission of badge reports from PNA. Thus, it is an expectation that all guide’s award information must be accurate by end 2020. More information on this will be disseminated through the training session.