- This event has passed.
(Postponed) Gardens Ambassador Programme Workshop (Guides)
March 12 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
In view of the 2019-nCov virus, this event will be postponed.
Dear Guide Guiders,
The GGS – GB Ambassador Programme has been running for the past few years and so far about 530 Guides have become ambassadors of the award-winning garden. We are glad to renew our partnership for another 5 years. Guides who have completed the programme discovered more about the vast variety of plants and acquired valuable knowledge on the sustainability efforts of the garden. In addition, they also gained experience by conducting garden tours as well as facilitating and delivering programmes amidst the beautiful setting. This is indeed a great learning opportunity for the Guides as they play an active role in one of Singapore’s popular tourist attractions.
From 2020 onwards, Guides who have completed the Gardens By The Bay Ambassador Programme will attain the Gardens By the Bay Interest Badge as well as the Naturalist Proficiency Badge.
Registration for the GGS – GB Ambassador Programme 2020 is now opened.
Do note that there is a compulsory Orientation (with training). Guides who miss it will have to join Batch 2’s programme instead. The details of the Orientation are as follows :
Orientation (with training)
Date : 12 March 2020, Thursday
Time : 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Reporting Time : 2:15 pm
Venue : Cannonball Room (near Supertree Grove & Supertree Food Hall), Gardens by the Bay
Attire : School/Half-Guide uniform with comfortable, covered walking shoes
Things to bring : Insect repellent, sunscreen, umbrella, writing materials and water bottle
Maximum participants for this batch : 62 Guides
2.30 pm to 2.45 pm Registration
2.45 pm to 3.00 pm Introduction to GB Ambassadors Programme and Volunteering at GB
3.00 pm to 3.30 pm Introduction to Gardens by the Bay
3.30 pm to 3.45 pm Tea Break
3.45 pm to 5.15 pm Site Familiarisation
5.15 pm to 5.30 pm Q & A
Dates : Weekends of March, April, May, June, July & August 2020 (Guides to indicate their preferences in the registration form). Dates will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Please refer to the attached document for the badge clauses.
- Total commitment needed is 4 – 5 days consisting of :
- Orientation (with training) + 3 x ASK Me! service sessions = 4 days commitment
- Orientation (with training) + Tulipmania ASK Me! training + 1 x Tulipmania ASK Me! service session + 2 x ASK Me! service sessions = 5 days commitment
- Orientation (with training) + Tulipmania ASK Me! training + 2 x Tulipmania ASK Me! service sessions + 1 x ASK Me! service session = 5 days commitment
- Guiders who are able to assist on 12 March 2020 should also indicate their interest. PNA points will be given for leaders’ service to GGS.
- Kindly sign up 4 Guides per unit online at Registration for GBB by 17 January 2020. Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You may send your enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Koh-Teh Yi Wen
Deputy Chief Commissioner & Guide Branch Commissioner