- This event has passed.
(Postponed) Facilitation Workshop for Guiders
28/03/2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dear Guiders, GGS, with the support from MOE, will be conducting workshops on basic facilitation skills for Guiders in the coming months. The workshop is now opened for registration. The objectives of the course as stated by MOE are as follows:
- Identify key beliefs and demonstrate behaviours of a learning facilitator
- Use a variety of facilitation strategies to make learning engaging
- Conduct conversations and energizers in a structured and meaningful manner
- Adapt activities to achieve the outcomes of a Brownies/Guides session and meet the needs of the learners
- Design questions to conduct reflection and review of lessons learnt
- Role-Modelling – Trainer will role-model facilitation via explicit demonstrations of the strategies throughout the entire workshop. Debriefs will be conducted to unpack participants’ observations and distil learning points.
- Hands-On Small Group Exercises – Direct experience is key to the learning and participants will work in small groups to practise the methods in customized work-related scenarios/ real-world contexts.
- Affirming Feedback – Peer & trainer feedback is provided in a way that is meaningful, affirming and encouraging.
- Structured Reflections – Self-reflections are weaved throughout the workshop to enhance understanding of key concepts and techniques.
- Please sign up using Registration for Facilitation Workshop (Guiders)
- Maximum capacity per session: 20 adults
- Confirmation via email