- This event has passed.
Facilitation Workshop (for Guiders) Virtual Round 1
11/02/2022 @ 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
GGS, with the support from MOE, will be conducting workshops on basic facilitation skills for Guiders in the coming months. The workshop is now opened for registration.
The objectives of the course as stated by MOE are as follows:
- Identify key beliefs and demonstrate behaviours of a learning facilitator
- Use a variety of facilitation strategies to make learning engaging
- Conduct conversations and energizers in a structured and meaningful manner
- Adapt activities to achieve the outcomes of a Brownies/Guides session and meet the needs of the learners
- Design questions to conduct reflection and review of lessons learnt
Approach for the workshops:
- Role-Modelling – Trainer will role-model facilitation via explicit demonstrations of the strategies throughout the entire workshop. Debriefs will be conducted to unpack participants’ observations and distil learning points.
- Hands-On Small Group Exercises – Direct experience is key to the learning and participants will work in small groups to practise the methods in customized work-related scenarios/ real-world contexts.
- Affirming Feedback – Peer & trainer feedback is provided in a way that is meaningful, affirming and encouraging.
- Structured Reflections – Self-reflections are weaved throughout the workshop to enhance understanding of key concepts and techniques.
Date & Time (please choose your preferred date and sign up early via the links provided) :
11 Feb 2022 (Fri) 2:30pm – 6:00 pm: https://forms.gle/JnrEnoZoE3JWJ6VGA
26 Mar 2022 (Sat) 9:00am – 12:30pm: https://forms.gle/fW2kKfiMnhp4Snty7
16 Apr 2022 (Sat) 9:00am – 12:30pm: https://forms.gle/Z6obPp3xCVvZR3pA7
7 May (Sat) 9:00am – 12:30 pm: https://forms.gle/MHovEzP4i7XP4U2y7
- face-to-face (including 1-hr lunch)
15 July (Fri) 9:00am – 4:00pm: https://forms.gle/cFGibX6w3ELSYg1M7
19 Aug (Fri) 9:00am – 4:00pm: https://forms.gle/pPJ4Q38JRD6t7mqE8
10 Sep (Sat) 9:00am – 4:00pm: https://forms.gle/CWt1TYHeK4eMZBLN8
Trainer : External Vendor
Fee : NIL <NO SHOW FEE OF $135 (face-to-face) / $95 (virtual) WILL BE CHARGEABLE for absentees as GGS will be charged by the external vendor on a per head basis>
Kindly direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Perema Ramasamy
Training Commissioner (Guides)