- This event has passed.
Facilitation Workshop for Guiders & Adult Leaders (CV)
GGS, with the support from MOE, will be conducting workshops on basic facilitation skills for Guiders in the coming months. The workshop is now opened for registration.
The objectives of the course as stated by MOE are as follows:
- Identify key beliefs and demonstrate behaviours of a learning facilitator
- Use a variety of facilitation strategies to make learning engaging
- Conduct conversations and energizers in a structured and meaningful manner
- Adapt activities to achieve the outcomes of a Brownies/Guides session and meet the needs of the learners
- Design questions to conduct reflection and review of lessons learnt
Approach for the workshops:
- Role-Modelling – Trainer will role-model facilitation via explicit demonstrations of the strategies throughout the entire workshop. Debriefs will be conducted to unpack participants’ observations and distil learning points.
- Hands-On Small Group Exercises – Direct experience is key to the learning and participants will work in small groups to practise the methods in customized work-related scenarios/ real-world contexts.
- Affirming Feedback – Peer & trainer feedback is provided in a way that is meaningful, affirming and encouraging.
- Structured Reflections – Self-reflections are weaved throughout the workshop to enhance understanding of key concepts and techniques.
Date & Time :
(please choose one)
- 27 March 2021 (Saturday), 9:00 am to 12:30 pm — sign up here
- 23 April 2021 (Friday), 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm — sign up here
- 18 September 2021 (Saturday), 9:00 am to 12:30 pm — sign up here
Trainer : External Vendor
Platform : Virtual training via Zoom
Fee : NIL (NO SHOW FEE OF $80 WILL BE CHARGEABLE for absentees as GGS will be charged by the external vendor on a per head basis)
Please sign up early for your preferred date of training.
Kindly direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Perema Ramasamy (Dr)
Guide Training Commissioner