- This event has passed.
(Decentralised) Baden-Powell Award (BPA) Round 1
February 7 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Update: in view of the 2019-nCov situation, this event has been decentralised.
BPA 2020 Round 1, 7 February
Dear Guide Guiders,
The registration for Baden-Powell Award (BPA) is now open.
Please see link here > BPA 2020 Round 1
The Baden-Powell Award (BPA) is the highest award given out by our Chief Commissioner to a Girl Guide. The BPA document can be found here.
Please be reminded that with effect from 2020, BPA is a pre-requisite for application for the President’s Guide Award (PGA).
Applicants who failed the BPA test for the first time will be allowed a second chance to take the BPA test. Each Guide will be allowed a maximum of TWO attempts to sit for the test.
All applicants must:
- be below 18 years old in the year of the test;
- be members of registered Coys of GGS;
- be deemed by their Guider to have developed to their fullest leadership potential;
- have attained at least a Silver Badge;
- have attained any eight Proficiency / Interest Badges.
Below is the information pertaining to the written and execution test for Round 1.
Written Test date: 7 February 2020, Friday
Execution Test date: To be completed by: 31 May 2020
Reporting Time: 2.30 pm
Time: 3 pm – 5 pm (written test)
- Jurong Secondary School (31 Yuan Ching Rd, Singapore 618652)
- Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary School (10 Bishan Street 13, Singapore 579795)
Attire: Full Guide Uniform (Compulsory)
Please note that Guides who are late or inappropriately attired will not be allowed to sit for the test.
The deadline for BPA Round 1 Registration is 18 January 2020, Saturday.
Things to bring for the Written Test:
- School Calendar (Semester 1)
- 5-Point Programme
- GGS Calendar (Semester 1)
- BPA Blank Planning Template (as many as you think your Guides require)
For Guiders sending your Guides for this test, please note that you are required to send a qualified tester from your school.
The tester will have to attend the compulsory BPA scripts markings on either 13, 14 or 15 February 2020. Markers are strongly recommended to complete the marking on the day itself at HQ.
|1||BPA Benchmarking Round 2
(BPA testers to choose dates according to their schedules)
|13 Feb, Thurs||3.00pm – 5.30pm
|14 Feb, Fri|
|15 Feb, Sat||9.30am – 12.30pm
For every three BPA applications, the Unit must provide one BPA tester.
Mrs Koh-Teh Yi Wen
Guide Branch Commissioner