- This event has passed.
Baden-Powell Award (BPA) Benchmarking Round 2
08/07/2022 - 09/07/2022
BPA 2022 Round 2
Dear Guide Guiders,
The registration for Baden-Powell Award (BPA) Round 2 is now open: HERE
Please be reminded that with effect from 2020, BPA is a pre-requisite for application for the President’s Guide Award (PGA).
Applicants who failed the BPA test for the first time will be allowed a second chance to take the BPA test. Each Guide will be given a maximum of TWO times to sit for the test.
The Baden-Powell Award (BPA) is the highest award given out by our Chief Commissioner to a Girl Guide.
All applicants must:
• be below 18 years old in the year of the test;
• be members of registered Coys of GGS;
• be deemed by their Guider to have developed to their fullest leadership potential;
• have attained at least a Silver Badge;
• have attained any eight Proficiency / Interest Badges.
Written Test Date: 1 July 2022, Friday
Execution Test Date: To be completed by: 29 August 2022, Monday
Reporting Time: 2.30 pm
Time: 3 pm – 5 pm (written test)
Attire: Full Guide Uniform (Compulsory)
Please note that Guides who are late or inappropriately attired will not be allowed to sit for the test.
The deadline for BPA Round 1 Registration is 27 June 2022, 5pm.
Things to bring for the Written Test:
• School Calendar (Semester 2 is enough. This will be submitted together with answer script)
• Copy of 5-Point Programme Modules & Clauses (attached in this email)
• GGS Calendar (Semester 1 is enough)
• Planning Template (as many as you think your Guides require)
For Guiders sending your Guides for this test, please note that you are required to send a qualified tester from your school.
The tester will have to attend the compulsory BPA scripts markings on either 8 / 9 July 2022, Friday or Saturday.
More information will be disseminated to involved Guiders.
For every three BPA applications, the Unit must provide one BPA tester.