- This event has passed.
Action on Body Confidence Training, 3 & 4 Dec
04/12/2020 @ 2:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Dear Guide Guiders,
Action on Body Confidence Training
This activity-based programme focuses on empowering and supporting participants to plan and run their own body confidence advocacy projects so as to make a positive difference to the lives of children and young people. Through surveys, discussions and creative activities, they will uncover the problems that low body confidence causes in the society and ask for change from the decision makers.
This is an opportunity to develop and sharpen participants’ planning, organising, leadership and advocacy skills. They will also learn new ideas that will be useful for running fun and meaningful unit activities using the WAGGGS non-formal educational method.
Given the current COVID-19 outlook, we would not be able to have the workshop in HQ. We will conduct the training virtually over 2 separate sessions instead.
Details of the virtual ABC Training (conducted via Zoom Meeting)
Date: Part 1 – 3 December 2020 (Thursday)
Part 2 – 4 December 2020 (Friday)
Time: 2:30 pm to 5:45 pm on both days
1) Able to access the internet for the training
2) The link for the Zoom Meeting will be sent to the participating schools nearer the date
3) Prepare :
– laptop / computer with working audio, video and microphone (please do not use the mobile phone as we need to toggle between Jamboard and Zoom as well as use some functions that may not be available on the phone)
4) Participants will have to complete a pre-task prior to each session
– Participants will have to conduct the ABC sessions in their units after the workshop.
– Participants will also have to plan and execute the ABC Take Action projects with their unit members in 2021 for all to attain the ABC badges.
– Guiders can register for up to 5 Guides per school
– Please sign up before 12 November 2020 using this link https://forms.gle/bxuhpMcsXvUzF2Jq6
– Kindly direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org