- This event has passed.
(Virtual) She Solves Online Training
17/04/2020 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
BAE Systems and Girl Guides Singapore have collaboratively launched a new engineering badge, She Solves, in 2019. Through this programme, Brownies and Guides will learn more about how engineering affects our daily life through participating in the different activities. They will also get to know about the inspiring female engineers and their achievements.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we will not be able to carry out a training at Guide House this year. However, there will be an online training (cum challenge) instead, conducted by the engineers of BAE Systems. The aim of this training is to equip the Guides and Brownies from the different divisions to carry out the programme during their respective Division Learning Days. The following is the information for the upcoming session :
Date : 17 April 2020 (Friday)
Time : 2:30 pm
Duration : 1.5 – 2 hours
Number of participants : up to 5 girls and at least 1 Guider from each school
Attaining the badge :
- i) complete the 4 activities during the online training
- ii) choose an activity that she has enjoyed and produce a poster explaining what this type of engineering is all about
Able to access the internet for the training
- laptop with working audio
- projector screen (recommended as everyone will get to view the video clearly on a bigger screen)
- materials needed for the 4 activities (the list will be emailed to participating schools)
- Participants will watch a video which comes with an introduction, explanation and demonstration before the girls engage in the 4 hands-on activities
- Engineers will be available over social media at the time of the training to answer any questions
- Girls are required to take pictures/videos and send to the engineers during the training
She Solves Activity Pack can be found in this link https://girlguides.org.sg/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/BAE-She-Solves-Resources-Pack-2020.pdf
For Brownies, please sign up via this link https://forms.gle/TQ9Yki2o73PuE8fy5 by 4 April 2020.
For Guides, please sign up via this link https://forms.gle/QAx92DmRsZQaMD9i7 by 4 April 2020.
You may send your enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Koh-Teh Yi Wen Deputy Chief Commissioner & Guide Branch Commissioner