- This event has passed.
Mental Health Advocacy Badge Programme Round 3
01/11/2021 - 03/11/2021
Dear Guide Guiders,
There is an overwhelming response to the new badge programme on Mental Health Advocacy that was launched earlier in January 2021. The Mental Health Advocacy badge programme is created for the Guides to equip them with the mental health knowledge and skills as well as support them to initiate ground-up mental health projects to increase mental health awareness among their peers, family and community. This pilot programme is funded by Temasek Foundation and the training will be delivered by the Institute of Mental Health. Do sign your Guides up for the next run of the training.
Details of the third run of the training (via Zoom)
Session 1 : 1 Nov 2021 (Mon), 9:00am – 12.30pm
Session 2 : 2 Nov 2021 (Tues), 9:00am – 12.30pm
Session 3 : 3 Nov 2021 (Wed), 9:00am – 12.30pm
Requirements of this interest badge
- Guides have to attend all three sessions of the training on mental health literacy
- Upon completion of the training, Guides (in groups of up to 6 girls) will have to design and complete an action project within the school or community on
- seeking awareness of mental health
- destigmatising mental health conditions in their school and community
- promoting inclusivity for those with mental health conditions in the public
- Complete an individual reflection of the Guide’s learning experience and submit a photo documentation of the project as a group
Please sign up by 16 Oct 2021, using this link Mental Health Programme Round 3
Each Guider has to register for 5-6 Guides per school
Kindly direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Ong Zeng Zi
Guide Branch Commissioner.