- This event has passed.
GGS’ Plogathon 2021
27/03/2021 @ 8:30 pm
Happy World Thinking Day!
I hope that you have enjoyed our first GGS virtual World Thinking Day on 20 February 2021 and have also had the opportunity to reflect with your members on the Guide promise. 2020 had been a year of continuous stepping out of the comfort zone and in 2021, we are in a new norm of Guiding.
2021’s theme of GIRL for SDGs x Peacebuilding brings together our focus on the 3 Sustainable Development Goals with the theme of Peacebuilding. This World Thinking Day, we are talking about peace. Peace is not just the absence of war, it means dignity, safety, and well-being for all. Our three SDG focus are: Every Girl Matters, Equality for All and Leave No Trace and through our actions, GGS hopes to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
Let’s come together as a Movement and take action to make a change. Our three key HQ activities are:
- GGS Plogathon 2021
- Introduction: Originating from Sweden, plogging is a combination of jogging and plokka up which is a Swedish verb for pick up. An activity that is positive for both our body and the environment, GGS would like to encourage our girls to plog with their family and friends.
- Target: GGS aims to complete 1,000,000 km as we trail around Singapore to reduce carbon footprint while clearing our streets and area of litter.
- Timeline: March to July 2021
- Your action:
20 Feb – 20 Mar
Sign up as a school on http://girlguides.org.sg/wtd2021/
One account per school
27 Mar – 2 Jul
Go plogging with your school, unit, or individually with your friends and family
Share your activity and get your friends and family to support your Plogathon by making a donation
GGS Plogathon 2021 will officially go live on 27 Mar 2030HR, in conjunction with Earth Hour 2021
- Participation in the GGS Plogathon can be logged as points in PNA (Brownies) and PNA (Guides).
For more information on GGS Plogathon 2021, please refer to Information Deck attached. You can also watch the Plogathon Youtube Video here
- GGS Social Action Project Campaign
- Introduction: Our vision is for girls to be valued and take action to change the world. Through this year’s Social Action Project Campaign, GGS hopes to encourage our girls to take action and make a positive difference in our three SDG key areas.
- Target: GGS hopes that every Guide unit can submit one Social Action Project Campaign.
- Timeline: March to July 2021
- Your action:
- There are 2 approaches – Guided approach (Guides and Guiders will attend 2 compulsory advocacy workshops and be guided on how to begin) or Self-Directed approach (Guides and Guiders will plan accordingly).
- Registration for Guided approach by 1 March through this link
- Registration for Self-Directed approach by 1 March through this link
- Guides will be able to identify the community and issues that they are passionate about, plan the steps and lead in the activities. When the Guides have achieved their goal, they must also share so that their campaign can continue to grow and impact the community.
- Seed funding will be provided for qualifying projects
- For more information, please refer to: https://bit.ly/GGSxSDG2021
- Participation in the GGS Social Action Project Campaign can be logged as points in PNA (Guides)
- GGS Social Action Video Contests
- Introduction: Through these Video Contests, GGS hopes to encourage our girls to advocate for the causes they believe in, inspiring other girls locally and internationally, to do the same.
- Target: GGS hopes to spur all Brownies and Guides who are GIRL TikTokers and video fanatics to advocate with videos.
- Timeline: Contests will be launched in March, April and July
- Your action: Stay tuned to GGS FB and IG for more details
If you have further queries, you may direct them to:
- General queries: Ms Susana Lim, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GGS Plogathon: Ms Lena Hong, Senior Executive, Fundraising and Marketing Communications (email@example.com)
- GGS Social Action Project Campaign and Social Action Video Contests: Ms Leong Mang Teng, Executive, Training, Program and Unit Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Founder, Robert Baden Powell, whose birthday falls on 22 February once said, “Leave this world a little better than you found it”. Let’s do our best and take action to make the difference. I look forward to everyone’s active participation.
Mrs Koh-Teh Yi Wen