- This event has passed.
(Cancelled) Free Being Me Online Training
May 22 @ 2:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Free Being Me Online Training Workshop
This activity-based programme will enable the participants to discover that their society, through media and people around them, encourages them to try to look like a very narrow definition of beauty. We want to help participants improve their confidence and self-esteem to realise their fullest potential. Through fun and interactive activities, they will learn that body confidence and self-esteem come from valuing their bodies, standing up to social pressures and supporting others to be more body confident. The programme will challenge them to take the lead by taking action in their community, sharing what they have learnt with their peers.
This is an opportunity to develop and sharpen participants’ planning, organising and leadership skills. They will also learn new ideas that will be useful for running fun and meaningful unit activities using the WAGGGS non-formal educational method.
Given the current COVID-19 outlook, we will conduct the trainings online over 2 separate sessions.
Details of the Online FBM Training
Date: 15 May 2020 (Friday) & 22 May 2020 (Friday)
Time: 2:30 pm to 5:45 pm
1) A Guider has to be around during the training
2) Able to access the internet for the training
3) Prepare :
- Laptop with working audio
- Projector screen (recommended as everyone will get to view the video clearly on a bigger screen)
- Materials needed (markers with at least 3 colours and 10 pieces of A3 paper)
- Taablet and pen connected to laptop (optional, if you don’t want to use markers and A3 paper for presentation)
4) You will also need a microphone and video during the training, so please make sure these are working
5) The link for the video conference will be sent to the participating schools nearer the date
- Participants will have to conduct the FBM sessions in their units after the workshop.
- Participants will also have to plan and execute the FBM Take Action projects with their unit members in order for all to attain the FBM badges.
- Guiders can register for up to 5 Guides (student leaders) per school
- Please sign up before 4 May 2020 using this link https://forms.gle/DH4feESBMMQkcnVs5
- Kindly direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Koh-Teh Yi Wen
Deputy Chief Commissioner & Guide Branch Commissioner