- This event has passed.
(Suspended) Facilitation Workshop for Guides
March 21 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Update: in view of the 2019-nCov situation, this event has been suspended.
GGS, with the support from MOE, will be conducting workshops on basic facilitation skills for student leaders in the coming months. The workshop is now opened for registration. Guiders can register for up to 4 Guides (leadership ranks or with potential leadership) per school.
The objectives of the course as stated by MOE are as follows:
- Identify key beliefs and demonstrate behaviours of a learning facilitator
- Use a variety of facilitation strategies to make learning engaging
- Conduct conversations and energizers in a structured and meaningful manner
- Adapt activities to achieve the outcomes of a Brownies/Guides session and meet the needs of the learners
- Design questions to conduct reflection and review of lessons learnt
Approach for the workshops:
- Role-Modelling – Trainer will role-model facilitation via explicit demonstrations of the strategies throughout the entire workshop. Debriefs will be conducted to unpack participants’ observations and distil learning points.
- Hands-On Small Group Exercises – Direct experience is key to the learning and participants will work in small groups to practise the methods in customized work-related scenarios/ real-world contexts.
- Affirming Feedback – Peer & trainer feedback is provided in a way that is meaningful, affirming and encouraging.
- Structured Reflections –Self-reflections are weaved throughout the workshop to enhance understanding of key concepts and techniques.
Date: 21 March 2020 / 4 June 2020 / 24 June 2020 / 31 October 2020 (please choose one)
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Trainer: External Vendor
Venue: Guide House, Bishan
Attire: Half Uniform with covered shoes
Things to bring: Writing Materials
Meals: Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided (Halal meals)
Fee: NIL (NO SHOW FEE OF $80 WILL BE CHARGEABLE for absentees as GGS will be charged by the external vendor on a per head basis)
- Please sign up using this link https://forms.gle/zauT8HdhPBf48ocq5
- Maximum capacity per session: 30 Guides
- Confirmation via email
Kindly direct all queries to email@example.com
Dr Perema Ramasamy
Guides Training Commissioner