- This event has passed.
Free Being Me (HQ) Session 2 (CV)
19/02/2021 @ 2:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Dear Guide Guiders,
Free Being Me
This activity-based programme will enable the participants to discover that their society, through media and people around them, encourages them to try to look like a very narrow definition of beauty. We want to help participants improve their confidence and self-esteem to realise their fullest potential. Through fun and interactive activities, they will learn that body confidence and self-esteem come from valuing their bodies, standing up to social pressures and supporting others to be more body confident. The programme will challenge them to take the lead by taking action in their community, sharing what they have learnt with their peers.
This is an opportunity to develop and sharpen participants’ planning, organising and leadership skills. They will also learn new ideas that will be useful for running fun and meaningful unit activities using the WAGGGS non-formal educational method.
Details of the virtual FBM Training
Please choose one :
- Part 1 – 5 February (Fri), 2.30 pm to 5.45 pm
- Part 2 – 19 February (Fri), 2.30 pm to 5.45 pm
- Part 1 – 28 Aug (Sat), 9.00 am to 12:15 pm
- Part 2 – 4 Sep (Sat), 9:00 am to 12:15 pm
- Able to access the internet for the training
- Prepare laptop with working audio, microphone and video (do not use the mobile phone)
- Complete a pre-task before each training
- The Zoom link for the training will be sent to the Guiders of participating schools nearer the date
- Participants will have to conduct the FBM sessions in their units after the training
- Participants will also have to plan and execute the FBM Take Action projects with their unit members in order for all to attain the FBM badges